Friday, November 9, 2007

Personal Websites vs Blogs

I wonder.. Why do we create personal websites when the availability of software like Blogger makes this so easy. It's a question I guess of what all you want to do. I put a site a while back www.davebour.com.
It does a great job for me of personal photos and all but doesn't draw traffic...probably not a bad thing. Why do you want traffic I guess is the next question...probably to draw in some type of business...or exposure...
Are you an expert...what's it benefit...who needs to know...
How many blogs can you manage is the next questions...
Where am I going...I really don't know...thinking out loud.
That's all for now.
D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave. Blogs were designed for people to be able to publish online without the need for software or skill. Select. type. Go.

It has nothing to do with exposure or web traffic. Blogger is only one of several blog facilities and only after 2 years as an indepedant company did they get swallowed into the Goodleplex. Let's see if you have any facility to determine of people are reading your blog.

The key to generating traffic, oddly enough, is still the primal, old fashioned method. Word of mouth, albeit with some sophistication. Blogrolls are the primary method of generating traffic. Check out Technorati, the oldest blog ranking system.